Thursday, February 3, 2011

Liebster Blog Award

I got an email on Sunday from Sharon at Camp Gramma  telling me that she had nominated me for a Liebster Blog award. I did some research and this award seems to have originated in Germany, and it is an effort to bring recognition and exposure to blogs/bloggers with less than 300 followers. This is what I found translated from German on the internet:


You have been tagged and want to participate? 
Create a post by you reinkopierst The Love Blog & the image posting instructions (= the text you are reading). You should also link to the blog of the person who gave you the award & they inform per Kommetar in her blog that you annimst her the award and the link of your award leave some posts. Then you are thinking about you 3-5 favorite blogs that you link in your team as well and the owners of each post by Kommetar - function will inform that they have been tagged and here ebfalls angibst the link of the post, in which the declaration is.


Dear bloggers: The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, so I would love any blogs ask for items that already have been 3,000 readers, but talented beginners and people who blog but has been a while, but still not known.



liebstersaward-1.jpg



Certainly not the best translation, but you get the drift. 


The purpose is also to pay it forward and nominate 3-5 other blogs with less than 300 followers. I follow about 100 blogs on Google Reader, so the choice is difficult. Many are the larger blogs with sponsors but most are small blogs like mine. 


My nominations are:


Karen at "Of Quilts and Other Musings"

Carol at "Brown Quilts"

Mary-Frances at "Outside the Line"

I like the creativity and humour of these ladies, and you will too.


 

1 comment:

Mary-Frances said...

Ahem, Ahem...I would like to thank the academy, and my agent...oh wait!! wrong award.. ;-) Thanks Anne, you're a sweetie!

Blog Archive