Sunday, April 18, 2010

Settling Back In

Block three for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along is complete.
Block four is complete, and this is how thew four blocks look together. It feels great to be sewing again!



These are two bowls I bought in Mexico, and I am just deciding where they will be displayed or what they will be used for. I love the pewter as there are cool flaws in it that just show it is hand made. Anyone who knows me knows that I love sunflowers, so I was very disappointed to only get one small bowl like this- it will be a mission next time to find more...
And this is our poor neglected Chloe! She went to the kennel for a week, and then was home with Dana after that until we got home. She got very sick after coming home so Dana got in touch with our vet. The vet suggested that it could be stress...poor thing! She is OK now and starting to put weight back on, but is VERY needy. She was not supposed to be up on this couch, but she was just so pitiful Tony couldn't resist. Now she thinks that it is her couch...
Back to work tomorrow for a full week...lots to catch up on there...but wait! I have more time off booked as I will be traveling to Ontario for my Dad's 80th birthday in early May. Can't complain, can I?

4 comments:

sunny said...

Glad you had a good trip! Our Chloe (cat) is so needy when we return from vacation. She won't come out for the cat sitter, so she gets lonely. i LOVE that Sunflower bowl!!

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

It's great you had a good trip! Now to start sewing again? I have one lonely sunflower in my garden that came up from last year's seed.. love your bowl!

Nicole said...

I love your Rural Jardin sampler blocks! Poor Chloe! I hope she perks right up now that you are home.

eva said...

Sucker!!!!!

xo
...oh chloe...
xo
eva

Blog Archive