Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Projects for the Charming Girls Club



This is my studio after about 2 weeks of not working on anything but continuing to pile up papers with project ideas, magazines, fabric etc....Before I tackle my August projects I need to tidy up my space and get organized again. The exam is over and done- I passed the course and don't plan to take the next one until winter. It is a beautiful day here in Okotoks so we are going to take a nice walk this afternoon and maybe stop somewhere for ice cream or a beer. It will be over 30 probably today as it is 25 already. We are planning blue cheese burgers on the BBQ for dinner with just Dana home with us for dinner. A very nice leisurely day. I took Tuesday off work and with the long holiday weekend will have a 4 day weekend. Lovely!!!


For my projects this month I am going to finish the binding on a quilt I made for Dana about 2 years ago (shame on me!!), so that I can finally give it to her. Also I am going to make a project from the Moda website called the Sweet Treat Bag. I am not going to use the 1 inch honeybuns though. I have some really bright and modern fabric from Anna Maria Horner that I will use, and I may cut the fabric in different widths from 1 inch, 2 inch etc.

It was our 24th anniversary this week so we went out for dinner last night and my husband bought me some jewelry from Deava Beadz a local shop run by a lady who designs and makes the pieces.
He also gave me this cute plaque that I will hang in my studio.


So here goes- I am ready to dig into this challenge- this is great motivation for me to complete some projects- and have fun looking at what everyone else is doing.

No comments:

Blog Archive