Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finishing Odds and Ends


Yesterday my daughter took me for a belated birthday lunch. We decided that since it was a lovely sunny day that we would head towards the mountains. We drove about a 15 minute drive to Black Diamond and had a tasty lunch in a great little restaurant. The view towards the mountains was a bit hazy, but still and always beautiful to look at. I just never get tired of them, even after 26 years of living in Alberta.
Today I have the house to myself again, and spent a lazy morning reading and now will head into the studio to work in finishing some projects. I have a lot of binding to hand sew and about 5 projects to finish. In keeping with my goal to make quilts for my many nieces, one nephew, and one great niece and one great nephew, I have to complete projects before I let myself get distracted by "shiny" new projects. I think I will sit out on the deck later and work on some binding, and enjoy the beautiful day.
I have ordered two new quilting books from Amazon with their great no shipping fees, so I look forward to those and will browse through them,but have promised myself not to start anything new until I finish what I am working on. I have taken a vacation week so have plans to get lots done....I also have plans to go through the latest Quilter's Home magazine as there is a 5 page list of favorite websites that I want to take a look at.
Wish me luck at staying focused!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive