Sunday, December 29, 2013

Welcome To 2014

Well 2013 was a difficult year, and after much reflection, I have decided that 2014 can only be much better!

Starting early in 2013 Tony was hospitalized and had surgery to remove a kidney stone, and from there our year has a "few" issues. We lost a few friends to cancer, Tony's Mom Perry passed away in May, and we had to put our beloved Chloe down on October 8. We miss our beautiful girl every day.


In between, Tony was very ill again with another issue, and then was laid off in October. He is still looking for work. Also our son Neil decided to take a 2 year contract in New Zealand, and left in July.

We've had a lot to deal with, but there is always happiness and joy to be found. One thing giving us joy right now is our daughters upcoming wedding in May 2014. There is not a lot I have to do in the planning aspect as they have hired wedding planners for that, but it is exciting to realize that in 5 short months we will be attending her wedding and welcoming a terrific young man into our family. It also means Neil will be home for the wedding.

Quilting still gives me much joy, although I have fallen behind this year on projects, and only in the last couple of weeks have I felt up to carrying on. I have a pile of quilts waiting to be bound, and have started a new project.


I realize that quilting helps me relax and deal with any anxiety that I may have. So, it is important for me to continue on. I have a beautiful relaxing room, don't I?

So, bring on 2014!

3 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

We had a lot of issues to deal with this year & they aren't over yet but I find sewing helps me to relax and focus on something other than my problems

Anonymous said...

Yes, 2014 is going to be a great year. Have fun planning the wedding. Happy New Year!

sunny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Chloe. We said goodbye to 16 year old Scooter a month earlier. I hope your 2014 is a great year, and the wedding is a fantastic time for family and friends.

Blog Archive