Saturday, September 8, 2012

Neil's Quilt

I have finally made some progress on this quilt. This is for my son's queen size bed.The blocks have been sewn together for months and left languishing under my cutting table since. So one night this week I laid them out and have left it there so every time I walk by I move a block to a better place. Today I plan to number the rows and get started putting it together.

Then I have the borders planned:

It is quite hard to find a masculine fabric that is tasteful and even though there are some almost flowery pieces in the quilt, I think that a 26 year old man will be happy with this. His room is painted dark brown, so the green, white and turquoise will add some lovely colour.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

comicbooklady said...

Looks great! I am sure he will love it!

Blog Archive