Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Colours

What is your favorite colour?  I feel stuck in a rut with colour as I really do have colours that I don't care for, and find it hard to quilt with them. Apparently the colour of the year is honeysuckle, and I have to say I would wear this colour (in moderation) but quilting with it would be a different story.

Dana wants a quilt with pink and I have purchased the fabric for the quilt but have put off cutting it out. I have made quilts with pink before but it is just not my first choice...but I must get a grip...this quilt is not for me, so get over it!!

The fabric is beautiful and the pattern is Miss Rosie, so it will all be good...but give me some brown and red and blue and I am a happy girl.


So time to step out of my quilting box and start cutting out a pink quilt.

5 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Thank you Annieb for leaving such a nice coment on my blog. You really nailed me with red, it is my favorite color by far and love the fabric that you have cut.I do tend to like the more muted colors when I quilt, too much bright is not my thing. I like your red borders on your blog, I haven't been brave enough to try and download anything to change my blog, whenever it says HTML, I freak. I am new to blogging but learning something new every day. Thank you again for your comment and have a nice day.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I love the frabics for the new quilt - but I like the reds better. Good luck with it - I don't know that I could do a quilt in colors I don't like.

Heather A said...

Hi Annie,

Thank you for the very kind message you left on my blog! And I'm so glad to have found yours! QUILTING!!! SQUEEEALLLL!! I look forward to following along. I'm not so "pinky" either but whether it's the breast cancer experience or just all the new fabric lines I've been admiring, I'm starting to warm to it.

Good luck with it!

Cheryl said...

I'm using a bubblegum pink right now and I am definitely not a pink person! It is good to step outside our box of comfort sometimes.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, it is SO hard to sew on something that you're not really crazy about! Hope you start having fun once you get going on it! Oh, BTW - pink is my favorite color LOL!

Blog Archive