Kelly our fearless leader of the Charming Girls Quilt Club has challenged us to choose a word that we would like to use during 2011 to remind us of something in our lives, or how we want to live. We'll revisit the word periodically to see if it still resonates. My word is going to be Moment:
1. A brief, indefinite interval of time.
2. A specific point in time, especially the present time: He is not here at the moment.
3. A particular period of importance, influence, or significance in a series of events or developments: a great moment in history; waiting for her big moment.
4. Outstanding significance or value; importance: a discovery of great moment.
5. A brief period of time that is characterized by a quality, such as excellence, suitability, or distinction: a lackluster performance that nevertheless had its moments.
I chose this word because it reminds me to enjoy life as much as possible, and to live in the present. Enjoy those special moments.