Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival

This is a wonderful festival that Amy of Amy's Creative Side organizes. I love to browse in awe at all the beautiful quilts out there and marvel at the creativity. This will be the second entry I have placed in the festival. My quilt is made from a kit that I purchased at Fat Quarter Shop several years ago, and I am so glad that I bought it as it made such a beautiful quilt. It is made from one of my favorite fabric lines of all time-Chocolat by 3 Sisters and the pattern was deigned by Miss Rosie but printed by the University of Moda for this kit.  Is this beautiful fabric or what??

 The quilt finishes at 80X80 and hangs in my front entranceway as there is a long wall coming into the living area. it is almost too big to take a picture of...I had to stand on a chair to get this picture.
I love this quilt for many reasons. I am in love with the fabric and wish I had more of it. I am also a big Miss Rosie fan, so making a quilt with wonderful fabric and a great pattern was a pleasure...The colours are perfect for my home and I get many compliments on it.

 Please browse the awesome beauty of the Bloggers Quilt Festival (you can get there by clicking the button on the right side of my blog). You will be amazed and awed by the beauty!

14 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

Awesome quilt Annie - love the fabric!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This quilt is really beautiful. Wow.

joan said...

That is one of my favorite fabric also. I have a quilt (Texas Star) made in it and I almost posted that one for the Festival. Your quilt is lovely! I can just picture it hanging in a special place... wow!

quiltmom anna said...

The fabric is stunning - Annie- I bet people often make wonderful comments about it when they come into your home. I do like "Fat Quarter Shop" and really enjoy Carrie Nelson's books- Some day I am going to make a Schnibble quilt or two.
Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Enjoy the festival.
Regards,
Anna

Lisa said...

What a fabulous way to greet people as they walk in the door ... and 80" ... WOW!

Michelle said...

OMGosh! I LOVE your quilt. I love the fabric & pattern - BEAUTIFUL!

AnnieO said...

Carrie has a great brain! I agree, the fabric is perfect for this quilt. It's just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

Kim said...

I am always drawn to these colors so naturally I am loving this quilt. This quilt must be a very welcoming sight for all who come through your front door.

sunny said...

I can see why you love this! I do too. I agree with Kim - what a welcoming sight!

Miri said...

Lovely! A perfect Fall quilt!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

3 Sisters fabric is wonderful, love the quilt! Miss Rosie makes great patterns :^)

pinsandneedles said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt. Love the Miss Rosie pattern!

Chris said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the color and the design.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great combination of fabric and pattern! Very pretty:)

Blog Archive