Sunday, April 25, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Last night we were off to celebrate Tony's sisters 60th birthday, so I made this card. For all these cards I used paper from Basic Grey called Scarlet Letter, and it is just so pretty I like to let the paper stand on it's own...kinda like quilting with beautiful fabric.

This is for my Dad's 80th that I will traveling to London, Ontario for in early May.
These are for my Mom and my Mother-in-law.
While we were on vacation I was contacted by a fellow blogger to make a block for a friendship quilt. I told her I was on vacation but would help when I got back. Then I had email issues for the past week, so we just got in touch today. I made the block from scraps, and will pop it in the mail tomorrow. More on that later, as it is a surprise.
This is Tony and I on the way out the door last night to his sister's party. It was great fun as there was live music, and we got home much too late. I drove through a blizzard to get home, so was happy to crawl into bed by 2:15. The snow is gone today, but it is still chilly.
Now I am going to reorganize my sewing room again as it still doesn't feel right- I need to have quick access to my projects on the go, or I tend to have a short attention span and move on to something else...so the plastic boxes are coming out and the reorganization has begun. Any excuse to fondle beautiful fabric!!!

5 comments:

Annelies said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog...and nice to visit your blog too!!! I can't wait to see how you use your Verna fabric. I am in LOVE with that line!! Hoping your snow is gone soonest...and Spring blesses you abundantly. XXX

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love your cards you made and what a sweet quilt block!!!
Love your "helper" in the before post--he was making sure that the "wind" did not blow all your selected fabric pieces all over the sewing room!!!!
Hugs,Di

joan said...

Oh I love your block. What is the name of that star? Your cards are beautiful as well. And last but not least what a gorgeous couple!!!!!

Linda in Calif. said...

I really like your friendship block. I guess it's partly because I love dots - and I like the way you used the two fabrics with dots. Nice job!

Karen said...

I have never taken time (nor money) to get into card making & scrap booking. I surely admire those that have.

Blog Archive