Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine Party Quilt Top

Here is my quilt top done last night around 7pm. I have to learn to use the satin stitch on my new machine and have a couple of projects pending for this...this is the first project I have ever designed myself. I have always been a pattern person, so had to step out of my comfort zone a bit. I am fairly pleased with it, but not totally. This encourages me to try more though, and "be brave" with my ideas.
I had such fun yesterday keeping up with many of the participants projects and am so inspired by the variety of projects completed. Who would have thought a virtual quilt challenge would be so much fun??

8 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love the way it came out...Isn't it fun designing things yourself. I did a cross block a couple of weeks ago and LOVE how it turned out!
What about it doesn't please you??

Michelle said...

Very NICE! It was an AWESOME day!!!

joan said...

Congratulation on you first design. It is absolutlely gorgeous! What a fun day!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I love your final project Annie! I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your new machine!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

It's gorgeous -- just gorgeous, Annie! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining us -- it really was a lot of fun. Joan and I are already planning another party (yippee)!

heather said...

Very cute!

comicbooklady said...

Great job! It looks great!isn't it exhilirating to create your own pieces?!

Kim said...

Oooh...I love this quilt. It's so fun and playful! Great quilt!

Blog Archive