Saturday, October 24, 2009

Moving Day and My Winnings



This is Happy Neil on moving day. I took the day off work and we drove across Calgary to pick up his moving truck and then I followed behind him back to his old place to load up the truck. We had good helpers and got everything done in record time. The condo is very cute and just the right size. It is in a great part of Calgary- walking distance to downtown and very close to restaurants, bars, coffee shops etc. He is also happy as he got two job offers (on moving day) from two accounting firms to start his articling for his CA next fall. So he will chose one and start with them in September.

I had a very busy and tiring week getting used to working again. I got no sewing done at all, and am really feeling the need to get in my sewing room. Hopefully by later this afternoon, and if not, most of the day tomorrow. Tony is golfing again, and I will do chores in the morning and quilt in the afternoon. This working for a living really sucks, and gets in the way of my time in the sewing room. But it does pay for my hobbies, so shouldn't complain!!!!

I did get very lucky this week and won a draw done by Kelly on her Charming Chatter blog for the CGQC. I am just so thrilled and excited as this is a lot of fabric and brand new "stuff" at that! If you read the whole post there is a picture near the end of the fabric I won. I can't wait to see it and then plan what to make with it. Thanks so much, Kelly!!!!!


No comments:

Blog Archive