Thursday, September 10, 2009

Louisa


I am home sick today with the flu, and I can't sleep anymore. I came home yesterday about 2:30 and slept all evening and then all night. Today I am not feeling much better, but then again maybe I am as I feel I need to get up and move. I actually had a doctor's appointment today on another matter, and when I called to cancel, the doctor's nurse said that the flu has hit early and they are seeing a lot of it. So this afternoon, I am going to rest, but try not to sleep, or I know for sure I won't sleep tonight....
This is the first block in my Louisa quilt, and as luck would have it, I did not make a mistake in cutting! The blocks are fairly easy, but labor intensive. I love the colors, and think it will be great.
Tony has golf and hockey stuff this weekend, and both kids are back at school so I imagine I will get lots of quilting done.
I am starting to read Pat Conroy's new book called South of Broad, so will curl up on the couch with a quilt (of course!!!) and a cup of tea. I can't seem to get warm so may just put the fireplace on too. Hears to good health!!!

1 comment:

joan said...

Take care it can be a bad virus. Enjoy your book and sewing this weekend. Your block looks great!
Can't wait to see it all done.

Blog Archive