Saturday, August 30, 2014

What's With This?

Two posts in one week! I can't believe it! Not that there is much happening, but I have missed blogging.

Tony is off today (and all weekend) to watch the Shaw Charity Golf Classic in Calgary. I bought him the tickets last January for his birthday so he can a few guests as well. Today he is taking our son in law, and some friends tomorrow. My daughter is coming to meet me today for a pedicure and lunch- a girly day.

Tomorrow and Monday I plan to get some time in my sewing room. I have been working on so many things at once, I think I need to slow down and focus on just a couple of things. I need to clean the closet where I store my scraps as I've just been throwing things in there, and not being organized at all.

 Usually I cut 5" squares or 2.5" strips from small scraps, and fold and store by colour the larger scraps.  Not so much lately. That seems like a good job for a cold or rainy day, and we've had such a wonderful summer it is hard to feel like doing a chore like that in a room in the basement.
I have been working on this trellis, or over/under pattern, but it is definitely not something I can do if I am tired. This is a "first thing on a Sunday morning" job. I find I really have to focus on this and probably only going to make a couple blocks at a time.


Well, off to shower. My daughter will be here in a hour, and I want to read a bit before I have to leave to meet her. Have a great Labour Day weekend!

1 comment:

sunny said...

Hello!
Good to see you again. I hope you enjoyed your girly day. How nice to have an entire weekend without dh. I'm sure he's a great guy, but we all appreciate time alone from time to time.

Blog Archive