Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back To Reality...or Back From Vegas

We are just back from our annual(ish) trip to Vegas, and boy am I glad to be home. I managed to get sick there, whether from the air on the plane, or the constant air conditioning, I'm not sure. I tried my best to keep up, but was exhausted when we got home. I still have quite a cold after week, so am trying to rest as reality and fall schedules start tomorrow.

We had fun, and saw lots, shopped, golfed etc. I truly believe that Vegas is the best place in the world to people watch, and we did lots of that. You can see anything and everything!

We sat and had margaritas on this outdoor pub, and tried to decide where people were from and what their stories are.

Tomorrow Dana is back to school for her last year of nursing, and Tony and I are are both back to work, into our regular schedules. My part time schedule will be easing into full time over the next few months. Luckily we have another vacation planned soon to our place in Mexico, and then nothing until the late spring, probably.

We are having beautiful late summer weather and it is still too hot to do any quilting, so I will continue to work on other ongoing projects. When it cools off, I will have lots of tops to quilt.

On a more sombre note, I am thinking today of those who lost their lives 10 years ago, those who survived, and their families.

Have a wonderful, thankful week.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Did you win in Vegas? Hope you feel better!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh Vegas is so much fun. I'm ready to go back. We don't gamble, but some how manage to have so much fun there. What a bummer to get sick. Did you go to any quilt stores? I ususaly don't but I love it when I do.

Blog Archive