Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where is it??

Can you help me find it ? It seems I have temporarily lost my quilting mojo. Not sure where, or why, but I just have not had the desire nor inclination to work on anything. No desire to start a new project or cut out a new project. No desire to mindlessly sew strips together, nor lay out Stella Blue again to get her ready to put together...not sure why either. I was going to join Kelly and Carol for the sew along, but just couldn't get motivated. I ordered the Farmer's Wife book to join in with that quilt along, but because of the mail strike in Canada that was just settled this week, I have not yet received it. Good thing, as it would have been gathering dust.

This has happened a few times before, and the mojo always comes back, but I think I may have to force this and go into the sewing room, and TAKE CHARGE! This shows no signs of ending...

So, here I go...into my sewing room...wish me luck!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, I so know how you feel! Sometimes a trip to the quilt shop, or just sitting and going through my quilt books gets my mojo going. Sometimes I just have to take a break and wait! Hope you found some today, and when your Farmers Wife book gets there you will be inspired. What fabric are you planning to use?

Wendy said...

I think most of us would rather be outside in the yard than at the sewing machine. I know that I'm torn between sewing and yardwork (partly because I know Winter will be here before you know it). For me, making something for someone else helps get me going.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

We all go through it don't we? Maybe just go into your sewing room for 15 minutes and do something. Maybe then you'll get engrossed in what you're doing
that time flies by. On the other hand, it is summer in Canada and we have to enjoy it while we can, right?

Peggy said...

This is me at the moment. don't feel like doing anything at all. I went to my sewing room at the week end hoping that the mojo would come back but no. I just left the room even more overwhelmed.!!! Can't say that the good weather is to blame, as it hasn't stopped raining since Easter!!! Just enjoy this time and appreciate the small things!!!

Michelle said...

I know how you feel too! lol! I just found my mojo...sort of.

comicbooklady said...

I have to clean my sewing room to find my sewing mojo!

Blog Archive