Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stop to Catch my Breath...

The parcel to Ontario to my family (parents, 2 brothers and one sister in law) will be in the mail today...might or might not make it I guess. This is one quilt...

This is another...

Mug mat...the mug is already wrapped.

My husband and I give each other the gift of time, especially now that he is traveling so much. Hopefully that starts with going to a movie this weekend. That has always been our tradition. The kids need clothes, so they just want gift cards so they can buy what they want. Both have been students for so long, and now with Neil starting a new career, clothes are always needed. So, for me the rush is just about over and next week will be low key with planning Christmas dinner and  the grocery shopping that goes with that.

I just finished reading this book and sure enjoyed it. It keeps you guessing and of course the hero is dark, with many fears and doubts...intriguing to the end if you like a "who done it".

I am now back to working on non Christmas items, swearing (literally) that next year I will start earlier...I should maybe look at my Charming Girls list to see if I actually finished one thing on that list!

3 comments:

sunny said...

Congrats on getting things shipped! I have to mail my family gifts, and though it's hectic to get everyting finished, once everything is in the mail, you do get a chance to relax while everyone else is scurrying around with last minute items. As for making gifts, I kept getting more and more ideas, so maybe I should start next week for next Christmas!

Lisa Marie said...

Lovely quilts! They will love them all. I am finished up for Christmas too. Feels so good. Just money for our teens/young adults and a few requested items for the grand kids and that's it. Simple. Now I'm baking and putting the goodies straight in the freezer.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, what a pretty quilt - and cute mug rug, too! There are going to be some happy campers in your family! So glad you're slowing down and enjoying TIME - so much better than STUFF!

Blog Archive