My September/October goals will include a few finishes in keeping with our bi-monthly theme "Quilting the Quilt". Tony will be gone every week for the foreseeable future, so I hope to have the energy after work at night to dig into these projects. My weekend sewing time will be less as we will want to spend our limited amount of time together. The goals are:
- Prepare some meals for Dana and I that can be unthawed in the morning for dinner that night. Tomorrow I am going to roast two small chickens to make soup as well as make some black bean soup and freeze portions in small containers. I will keep this up on a weekly basis as living on popcorn and hummus with crackers can only be an option for so long...
- I have 40 of 90 blocks made for my Serenity king size quilt for our master bed. I plan to get 50 more made
- Finish quilting this quilt top. I haven't been able to quilt a top for years, but now that I have a new machine there is no excuse. Also this one will will be completed, binding and all.
- this one as well...
- continue to work out 4-5 times per week.
- design my Christmas cards so I can make them in November
- spend time with friends and family whenever the opportunity presents itself
- read as much as possible. I leave work on my lunch hour just so I can read. If it is nice, I sit outside and if it isn't nice, I walk to the local Mcdonald's, order a tea and read. No one minds that I bring my own lunch, it seems.
- get the borders on my Jelly Roll Sampler
- keep up with my Mystery Quilt- so far I am ...
- make Tagalong Schnibbles from Wiscasset.
My (our) Journey is changing somewhat with Tony working away from home most of the time, so I/we are trying our best to make the most of it and also make it work for us...We are lucky he found a good job and one that will afford us more travel opportunities and evenings out together. We are very blessed and I plan to make the most of this new Journey. I think that is my biggest goal (adjustment) over the next two months.