Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fabric Love

Have you ever started to make a quilt and thought the fabric was too beautiful to cut??? Our quilt on the bed in the master bedroom is getting threadbare, and when I pull it up at night it is starting to tear, so I am making a new king size quilt using the Martinique line from 3 Sisters. I have been ironing out the fat quarters in preparation, and am just in love with this fabric. But I don't want to cut it! Crazy huh? I just want to caress it and admire how beautiful it is....

8 comments:

joan said...

Oh I can relate so well! My BP goes up a few notches everytime I open a new fabric! I love Martinique too. I am about to crack open a Layer cake in that line! Can't wait to see the pattern!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I know what you mean :)

Kim said...

Yup. Same thing here, especially when it's packaged real pretty. I am thinking that charm packs are a decorating accessory. But you cut that fabric up now and make another beautiful quilt and then you can caress and snuggle. :-D

sunny said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the new quilt! As soon as you're finished, you can buy NEW fabric!!!

Jonathan said...

Oh yes, I can definitely relate to that, and Martinique is gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

That's normal, right? LOL!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I have felt that way too many times in the past. I recently decided to use all those favorite fabrics that I was worried about cutting into. This way I can share the love. :)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh boy, can I understand! I'm going to make a confession here - if I really love the fabric, I have been known to buy another bundle of fat quarters after I cut into the first one (just because I might need it - and want to have it in my stash). Shameful, I know - but I thought it might make you feel better LOL!

Blog Archive