Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday, again

My blocks for Celebrate the Day are coming long. It is very easy to make and I just love the fabric.
The quilt top for my basket quilt is done- I just need to do the flying geese border. I think I may add some applique to the centre square as it looks pretty empty.
We had a distressing week as a friend who had been battling cancer passed away on Tuesday. She was originally diagnosed in 2000 and had three battles with cancer. She was a true inspiration and role model for all of us. Whenever I feel sorry for myself I think of her, and realize how lucky I am...the funeral was Saturday. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family now as they get used to life without her and their new "normal".

3 comments:

joan said...

My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. I will handle the aftermath of my chimney fire with no complaints from me. There is always someone who suffers more than you.Isn't there?!!!!
Your quilt is gorgeous. OH yes I think the appliqué will be perfect in the center. I can't wait to see it all finished

Cindy said...

And my thoughts and prayers with her family as well.

Blessings.

sunny said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you have many happy memories of your time with her.

Blog Archive