Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday January 23rd

Next Saturday I am going to participate in the Valentine Sewing Party with the CGQC. I am going to make a Heart table topper, designed by me...it is in my head, but the main part of the topper will be a heart made with squares and half square triangles of assorted red and cream scraps. Then I will do a cream border wide enough to do an applique of some kind, so I can practice a satin stitch or some similar stitch on my new machine. I have lots of red scraps and look forward to using some of them.
Every month we Charming Girls state our quilting goals for the month and work diligently to get them done and show them off at month end. But I always get seriously sidetracked and start thinking about new projects (often at 3 a.m.) and almost always start new projects. Not that there are any laws or rules to prevent me from doing that, but it means that current projects get behind...and I have a hard enough time finishing current projects with the other obligations in my life. The point of this is that it makes me laugh and realize the joy that this hobby gives to me. As Martha Stewart would say "and that's a good thing!" So when I can't sleep tonight I will be designing my table topper in my head, and going to one of my "happy places".

3 comments:

joan said...

Oh I am so glad you are coming to the party! It should be a fun day!
I can't wait to see your design. I too have lots in my head I want to make.

Jonathan said...

Sounds great, can't wait to see it!
I'll see you at the party:-)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good plan...I'm hoping to make it to the party.

Blog Archive