Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Musings

Got all my Christmas cards finished today, and they will go in the mail tomorrow. I had a hard time with my Christmas card mojo this year, so need to top these next year...
I bought myself a 2009 addition to the Santa collection yesterday at a store called
Finishing Touches here in Okotoks. All Santa's were 30% off, and I loved the Santa and snowman together. There were so many to chose from it was hard, but this fit my budget! Are they cute or what??
Speaking of mail- this is my parcel ready to go to my Secret Santa. Joan is my recipient, so not really a very Secret Santa...since she drew the names and all...but I do feel rather intimidated sending her a quilting gift as she is so talented. I have a picture to post which I will do after Christmas. The day today was spent moving furniture and hanging pictures and generally getting most of the house in order after painting and before Christmas. I have put a roast beef with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot, so can now go and spend some time in the studio. Eight more working days until I am off for the Christmas break!

2 comments:

joan said...

Love your Santa...and I love what's in the box also as it is so very special to me because it comes from you, besides I think you are a wonderful quilter.I often say if I become an expert it won't be fun anymore. And if I become a professional quilter then it beocmes a job. SEW...fun wins.....
Thanks so much Annie.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

WHAT A CUTE Santa/Snowman Pair! I love them! I know what you're talking about -- I had Joan as a partner in the last swap, and was intimidated to send her something -- but you do beautiful work, and I know Joan will love it! Hope you had fun sewing!

Blog Archive